Influence of Company Size, Profitability, Dividend Policy, and Liquidity on Company Value in Manufacturing Companies
1Steven Chen,2Siera, 3Farencia Tanudjaya,4 Rama Pratama Br Damanik, 5Namira Ufrida Rahmi
1,2,3,4,5Departement Accounting, Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medanhttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i8-34
This study aimed to find company value which was influenced by company size, profitability, dividend policy, and liquidity in manufacturing companies for the 2016-2019 periods. The population of this research consisted of 52 manufacturing companies. A purposive sampling approach was used to pick 18 companies over four years, yielding a total of 72 samples.The results of this study suggest that the company size (LN) has a partial effect on company value, profitability (NPM)does not have a partial effect on company value, dividend policy (DPR) on company value has no partial effect on company value, and the current ratio that is used to measure liquidity has no partial effect on company value. Then simultaneously LN, DPR, NPM, and Current Ratio affect PER.
Company Value, Company Size, Profitability, Dividend Policy, and Liquidity.
1) Ardiyos. The Great Dictionary of Accounting. Jakarta (2010): Citra Harta Prima.
2) Arikunto., dan Suharsini. Research Procedure. Jakarta (2006): Rineka Cipta.
3) Ary Wirajaya, Ayu Sri Mahatma. "Effect of Capital Structure, Profitability and Firm Size on Firm Value." E-Journal of Accounting [Online], 4.2 (2013): 358-372. Web. 9 Jul. 2021.
4) Ayem, Sri, and Ragil Nugroho. "The Influence of Profitability, Capital Structure, Dividend Policy, and Investment Decisions on Firm Value (Case Study of Manufacturing Companies That Go Public on the Indonesia Stock Exchange) in 2010-2014 Period." Journal of Accounting 4.1 (2016): 31-40.
5) Djayanti, Atik. "The Influence of Company Size, Profitability and Financial Leverage on Profit Smoothing Practices in Manufacturing Companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange." Kelola 2.3 (2015): 1-11.
6) Ghozali, I. Application of Multivariate Analysis. Semarang (2016): Diponegoro University.
7) Ghozali, I. Multivariative Application with IBM SPSS 23. Semarang (2016): Diponegoro University.
8) Harahap, S. S. Critical Analysis of Financial Statements. Jakarta (2011): Rajawali Pers.
9) Hermuningsih, Sri. "Effect of Profitability, Size on Firm Value with Capital Structure as Intervening Variable." Journal of Business Strategy 16.2 (2012).
10) Horne, J.C.V., and Wachowicz, J.M. Principles of Financial Management (Fundamentals of Financial Management) Edition 13 Book 1. Jakarta (2012): Salemba Empat.
11) Hosnia, Rawiyatul, Roni Malavia Mardani, and Budi Wahono. "The Influence of Dividend Policy, Investment Decisions, Funding Decisions, Institutional Ownership and Liquidity on Company Values in Manufacturing Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange in the 2014-2016 Period." Scientific Journal of Management Research 7.11 (2018).
12) Kasmir. Financial Statement Analysis. Rajawali Pers (2014): Jakarta.
13) Kusumastuti, AnggitDyah. Effect of Firm Size, Leverage, Profitability and Dividend Policy on Firm Value (Study on manufacturing companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange in 2009-2011). Diss. Brawijaya University, 2013.
14) Liu, Xiang, and Chen Zhang. "Corporate governance, social responsibility information disclosure, and enterprise value in China." Journal of Cleaner Production 142 (2017): 1075-1084.
15) Mahpudin, Suparno Endang. "Factors Affecting Firm Value (Empirical Study on Manufacturing Companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange)." Journal of Financial and Accounting Research 2.2 (2016).
16) Margaretha, Farah, and Aditya Rizky Ramadhan. "Factors Affecting Capital Structure in the Manufacturing Industry on the Indonesia Stock Exchange." Journal of Business and Accounting 12.2 (2010): 119-130.
17) Moniaga, Fernandes. "Capital structure, profitability and cost structure on the value of ceramic, porcelain and glass industry companies in the 2007-2011 period." EMBA Journal: Journal of Research in Economics, Management, Business and Accounting 1.4 (2013).
18) Munawir, S. Financial Statement Analysis. Yogyakarta (2004): Liberty.
19) Novari, Putu Mikhy, and Putu Vivi Lestari. The effect of firm size, leverage, and profitability on firm value in the property and real estate sector. Diss. Udayana University, 2016.
20) Nurhayati, Mafizatun. "Profitability, liquidity and firm size influence on dividend policy and firm value in the non-service sector." Journal of Finance & Business, Master of Management Study Program, Harapan College of Economics 5.2 (2013): 144-153.
21) Prasetyorini, Bhekti Fitri Fitri. "The effect of firm size, leverage, price earning ratio and profitability on firm value." Journal of Management Science (JIM) 1.1 (2013).
22) Putra, AA Ngurah Dharma Adi, and Putu Vivi Lestari. The effect of dividend policy, liquidity, profitability and firm size on firm value. Diss. Udayana University, 2016.
23) Rahmawati, Amalia Dewi. "The Influence of Company Size, Profitability, Capital Structure, and Investment Decisions on Firm Value (Study on Property, Real Estate, and Building Construction Sector Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (BEI) 2010-2013 Period)" Journal of Business Administration 23.2 (2015).
24) Rompas, Gisela Prisilia. "Liquidity, Solvency and Profitability on the Value of State-Owned Enterprises Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange." EMBA Journal: Journal of Economic Research, Management, Business and Accounting 1.3 (2013).
25) Sjahrial, D., and Djahotman, P. Advanced Corporate Financial Management. Mitra Wacana Media (2013): Jakarta.
26) Sudana, I. M. Financial Management Theory and Practice. Surabaya (2009): Airlangga University Press.
27) Sugiyono. Nonparametric Statistics for Research. Bandung (2015): Alfabeta.
28) Sugiyono. Quantitative, Qualitative, and R&D Research Methods. Bandung (2017): Alfabeta.
29) Tambunan, Mei Cyntia Sabrina, Muhammad Saifi, and Raden Rustam Hidayat. "The influence of good corporate governance on firm value (Study on food and beverages sub-sector companies listed on the IDX in 2012-2015)." Journal of Business Administration 53.1 (2017): 49-57.
30) Ukhriyawati, Catur Fatchu, and Rika Malia. "The Influence of Profitability, Investment Decisions and Debt Policy on Company Value in Chemical Sub-Sector Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange." BENING 5.1 (2018): 14-25.
31) Wibowo, Ramadani. Effect of Profitability, Managerial Ownership, Dividend and Leverage Policy, on Firm Value (Study of Manufacturing Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange 2009–2011 Period. Diss. Brawijaya University, 2014.
32) Wijaya, Bayu Irfandi, and IB Panji Sedana. "The effect of profitability on firm value (dividend policy and investment opportunities as mediating variables)." E-Journal of Management 4.12 (2015).
33) Wulandari, Dwi Retno. "Effect of Profitability, Operating Leverage, Liquidity on firm value with capital structure as an intervening." Accounting Analysis Journal 2.4 (2013).
34) Yuniati, Mei, Kharis Raharjo, and Abrar Oemar. "The Influence of Dividend Policy, Profitability Debt Policy and Ownership Structure on Firm Value in Manufacturing Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange for the 2009- 2014 Period." Journal of Accounting 2.2 (2016).