Analysis of the Effect of Self Efficacy and Distributive Justice on Organizational Commitments in Improving Employees Performance at the Department of Youth Education and Sports in Bali Province
1Ni Nengah Rai Yennie,2Putu Kepra Mareni,3I Nengah Sudja
1,2,3Mahasaraswati University Denpasarhttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i8-27
The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of self-efficacy, distributive justice on organizational commitment and employee performance. The population in this study were employees of the Bali Provincial Education Office. The sampling technique used purposive sampling and obtained a sample of 74 respondents. The variables of this study used three variables, namely the dependent variable, the independent variable, and the mediating variable. The dependent variable (Y) of this study is employee performance. Independent variable (X) self efficacy and distributive justice. The mediating variable is organizational commitment (Z). The research method used is a quantitative method. For the data analysis method using Partial Least Square (PLS) analysis using Smart PLS Software. The results of this study indicate that, Self efficacy affects organizational commitment Distributive justice affects organizational commitment Self efficacy affects employee performance Distributive justice affects employee performance based on organizational commitment affects employee performance. Self efficacy has no effect on employee performance through organizational commitment as a mediating variable based on distributive justice affects employee performance through organizational commitment as a mediating variable
Self Efficacy, Distributive Justice, Organizational Commitment, and Employee Performance.
1) Allen & Meyer. (1990). The Measurement and Antecedents of Affective, Continuence and Normative Commitment to
The Organization. Great Britain. Journal Of Occupational Psychologist, 63, 1-18.
2) Argawal, S & Mishra, PC (2016). Self Efficacy as predictors of organizational commitment among personal revenue. Journal Of Indian Psychology 3(4).
3) Anwar Prabu Mangkunegara (2000), Human Resource Management. Bandung : PT Rineka Cipta.
4) Bandura, A. (1994). Self-efficacy. In VS Ramachaudran (Ed.), Encyclopedia of human behavior. Vol. 4, pp. 71-81. New York: Academic Press.
5) Bandura, A. (2009). Cultivate Self-Efficacy For Personal and Organizational Effectiveness. In EA Locke (Ed)., Handbook of Principles of Organizational Behavior. (2nd Ed.), pp.179-200. New York: Wiley.
6) Wake, W. (2012). Human Resource Management. Jakarta: Erlangga. Budiarto, Y & Wardani, RP (2005). The Role of Distributive Justice, Procedural Justice and Company Interactional Justice on Employee Commitment to the Company. Journal of Psychology. Vol. 3 No. 2. 109-126
7) Colquitt, Lepine, and Wesson. 2009. Organizational Behavior. MeGrow Hill International Edition.
8) Djarwanto Ps & Pangestu Subagyo. (2003). Inductive Statistics. Yogyakarta: BPFE
9) Fajriah, N., & Darokah, M. (2016). The Effect of Self-Efficacy and Perception of Organizational Climate on Performance with Employee Engagement as a Mediator Variable in BMT BIF Yogyakarta Employees. Journal of HUMANITAS Vol. 13 No. 1 . 37-49.
10) Ferdinand, Augusty. (2014). Method ResearchManagementSemarang: Diponegoro University.
11) Fita Nia Sari (2014), The effect of job satisfaction, Self Efficacy, Locus of Control on employee performance (empirical study at PT Batam textile industry Ungaran). Journal of Economics
12) Ghozali, Imam. (2013). Multivariate Analysis Application With IBM SPSS Program. Semarang: Diponegoro University Publishing Agency.
13) Gudono. (2012). Multivariate Data Analysis. Yogyakarta: Member of IKAPI.
14) Gillham, JE, Reivich, KJ, and Shatte, AJ, “Positive youth development, prevention and positive psychology: Commentary on Positive youth development in the United States”. Prevention and Treatment, 5, article 18., 2002.
15) Ghozali, I., & Latan, H. (2015). Partial Least Squares: Concepts, Techniques and Applications Using the SmartPLS 3.0 Program for Empirical Research (ed.2). Semarang: Publishing Agency – Udip.
16) Greenberg, J., & Baron, RA (2003). Behavior in Organization, New Jersey: Prenticc Hall, Inc.
17) Handayani, Wiwik. (2008). The impact of organizational commitment, Self Efficacy on Role Complications and employee performance of PT. Hm SampoernaTbk. In Surabaya. Journal of Economic and Business Research 8 (2), pp: 70 – 78.
18) Hair, JF, Hult, GTM, Ringle, CM, & Sartedt, M (2014). A Primer on Partial Least Squares structural Equation Modeling (PLS – SEM). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.
19) Hidayah, S., & Haryani. (2013). The Influence of Distributive Justice and Procedural Justice on Employee Performance of Bmt Hudatama Semarang. Journal of Accounting Management Economics. No.35/ThXX/October.
20) Hayati, NR 2014. Organizational Commitment: Definition, Antecedants, and Research Issues. Journal of Management & Business . Vol. 5 No.1 March 2014. P. 112-127.
21) Ibrahim, M.E., & Perez, AO (2014). Effects of Orgasizational Justice, Employee Satisfaction, and Gender on Employees commitment: Evidence from the UAE. International Journal of Business and Management; Vol.9,No.2, 45-59
22) Ince, Mehmet, and Gul, Hasan. 2011. The Role of the Organizational Communication on Employees Perception of Justice: A Sample of Public institution from Turkey. European Journal of Social Sciences (Online) 21(1)
23) Iqbal, HK, Aziz, and Tasawar, A. 2012. Impact of organizational justice on organizational citizenship behavior: An empirical evidence from Pakistan World Applied Sciences Journal. Vol.19, No.9, pp. 1348-13-54
24) Jugde, Timothy A. and Joyce E. Bono. 2001. Relationship of Core Self Evaluation Traits, Self Esteem, Generallized Self Efficacy, Locus of Control and Emotional Stability With Job Satisfaction and Job Performance: AMeta Analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 86.1, pp. 80-92.
25) Kaseger, GR (2013). Career Development And Self-Efficacy Against Employee Performance At Pt. Matahari Department Store Manado Town Square. EMBA Journal. Vol. 1, No. 4. Pg. 906-916.
26) Kaseger, Regina Glady 2013. Career Development and Self Efficacy Against Employee Performance at PT. Matahari Department Store Manado Town square. EMBA Journal. Vol.1 No. 4, pp. 906-916.
27) Lodjo, FS (2013). Effect of Training, Empowerment and Self-Efficacy on Job Satisfaction. Journal of EMBA 747 Vol.1 No.3. Matter. 747-755.
28) Lunenburg, Fred C. 2011 Self Efficacy in the workplace : Implications for Motivation and Performance. International Journal of Management, Business, and Administration. Volume 14 No. 1, pp 1-6.
29) Mangkunegara, AP (2001). Company Human Resources Management.
30) Bandung : Youth Rosdakarya.
31) McAuley, E., Talbot., Martinez, S. (1999). Manipulating Self-efficacy in the Exercise Environment in Women : Influences on Affective Responses. Health Psychology, 18, 288-294.
32) May, I., and Visantia. (2013). The Effect of Self-Efficacy and Motivation on Business Success for Clothing Store Owners at the Tanah Abang Metro Wholesale Center. Management Journal. Vol.13.
33) Nease, AA, Mudgett, BO, and Ouifiones, MA (1999). Relationships Among Feedback Sign, Self-Efficacy, and Acceptance of Performance Feedback. Journal of Applied Psychology, 5, 806-814.
34) Nugraheni, Fitri and Yulia, Wijayanti Ratna. 2009. "The Influence of Distributive Justice and Procedural Justice on Performance: Case Study at the Maria Kudus University Academy". Summary of Research Results of Young Lecturers
35) Palupi, M., Tjahjono, HK, Dan Nuri, R. (2014). The Effect of Career Distributive Justice and Career Procedural Justice on Retaliation Behavior of Private Employees in the Special Region of Yogyakarta with Career Satisfaction as a Mediating Variable. Journal of Paramadina University. Vol. 11 No. 2.
36) Putra, Pasek A. and Riana, Gede. 2017. The Effect of Organizational and Work Involvement on Organizational Commitment to Bounty Hotel Bali-Bali employees. e-Journal of Management Unud Vol.6, No.9,2017 : 4857-4886.
37) Putrana, Y., Fathoni. A., Dan Warso, M., H. (2016). The Effect of Job Satisfaction And Organizational Commitment Towards Organizational Citizenship Behavior In Improving Employee Performance At Apt. Gelora Persada Mediatama Semarang. Journal of Management. Vol. 2 No. 2.
38) Robbins, SP & Judge, TA (2008). Organizational behavior. (Diana Angelica, Translator). Jakarta: Four Salemba.
39) Sahertian, P., And Soetjipto, BE (2011). Improving Employee‟S Organizational Commitment, Self-Efficacy, And Organizational Citizenship Behavior Through The Implementation Of Task-Oriented And Relationship-Oriented Leadership Behavior, The Business Review, Cambridge. Vol 17 , No 2, Pp. 48-60.
40) Siregar, Syofian. (2010). Descriptive Statistics For Research. Jakarta: Pt Rajagrafindo Persada.
41) sopiah. (2008). Organizational behavior. Yogyakarta: CV. Andi.
42) Subagyo, A. (2014). The Influence of Work Environment and Self Efficacy on Organizational Commitment of Semarang State Polytechnic Lecturers. orbit. Vol. 10 No. Pages: 74 – 81.
43) Sugiyono. (2010). Business Research Methods. Bandung: Alphabeta.
44) Sunjoyo. (2013). SPSS Application for Smart Research (IBM SPSS 21.0) Program. Bandung: Alfabeta.
45) Suryani and Hendrayadi. (2015). Quantitative Research Methods. Jakarta: Kencana.
46) Sutapa, M., Dan Purwanto, NA (2012). Implementation of the Main Duties, Functions of the Office of Education Officials in the Implementation of Education Decentralization. Journal of Educational Management. No. 01/Th VIII.
47) Sutrisno, Edy. 2011. Human Resource Management. Jakarta : Kencana
48) Tilaar, R., Mekel, PA, Dan Tatore. (2014). Analysis of Organizational Commitment, Career Development and Empowerment on Job Satisfaction at the Sangihe Islands Border Management Agency Office. Journal of EMBA Vol.2 No. Matter. 991-1000.
49) Tjahjono, HK (2007). Validation of Distributive Justice and Procedural Justice: Application of Structural Equation Modeling with Cofirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA). Journal of Accounting and Management STIE YKPN. 18(2): 115-123.
50) Tobing, DS (2009). The Effect of Organizational Commitment and Job Satisfaction on Employee Performance at Pt. Nusantara III Plantation in North Sumatra. Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship. Vol.11, No. 1. Pg. 31-37
51) Ulupui. (2005). The Influence of Budget Participation, Perception of Distributive Justice, Procedural Justice, and Goal Commitment on Service Performance. PERFORMANCE. Volume 9, No.2, Pg. 98-112.
52) Usman, H. (2008). Management Theory, Practice, And Education. Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara.
53) Widyaningrum, ME (2010). The Effect of Organizational Justice on Job Satisfaction, Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior of Employees (Case Study at Pura Raharja Maternity Hospital Surabaya) in 2009. Economic Magazine. Year XX, No. April 1, 2010. Pg 102
54) Yulan, Dan Bernardo, I. (2017). The Influence of Self-Efficacy, Organizational Culture and Work Motivation on Organizational Commitment. Derma Journal of Management. Vol. 12 No. 1.