Influence of Car, Ldr, Npl and Bopo on Roa on Commercial Banks Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange in 2010-2016
1,2The STIAMI Institute of Social Sciences and Management
This study aims to test how much influence Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR), Loan to Deposit Ratio (LDR), Non Performing Loan (NPL), Operational Revenue Expense (BOPO) to ROA; how much influence the CAR, LDR, NPL and BOPO simultaneously against ROA at commercial banks listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange 2010-2016. The data used is secondary data in the form of financial ratios with the amount of 140 observations. Sampling is done by purposive sampling with the number of 20 banks, namely the largest commercial banks listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange in terms of assets position of December 2016. Statistical test of SPSS which is used to test classical assumptions and multiple regression analysis. The results showed that CAR had no effect on ROA with a value of 0.2%. LDR has no effect on ROA with a value of 1.4%. NPL has a negative and significant effect on ROA with a value of 25.7%. BOPO has a negative and significant effect on ROA with a value of 77.2%. Simultaneously CAR, LDR, NPL, and BOPO have a significant influence on ROA at commercial banks listed on the Stock Exchange in 2010-2016. The prediction ability of these four variables on ROA is 81.60%, while the rest is influenced by other factors outside the research model.
CAR, LDR, NPL, BOPO, ROA
1) Adyani, L.R. 2011. Analysis of Factors Affecting Profitability (ROA). The thesis. University of Dipenogoro. Semarang city.
2) Bank Indonesia. 2017. List of Conventional Commercial Banks. Retrieved from www.bi.go.id on December 13, 2017.
3) Indonesian Banking Statistics. Retrieved from www.bi.go.id on December 10, 2017.
4) Dewi, N.V, Ronny Malavia Mardani., & M. Agus Salim. 2016. Effect of CAR, NPL, NIM and BOPO on Banking Profitability (Case Study on Commercial Banks Listed in IDX Year 2012-2015. Journal. Semarang city.
5) Ekananda, E. A., Jamiyla, J., & Pratiwi, T. S. 2016. The Effect of Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) and Loan To Deposit Ratio (LDR) on Return On Assets (ROA) on Commercial Banks Included in LQ45 Shares. Journal of Today's GlobalEconomy, 7(3).
6) Flamini, Valentina., Mc Donald, Calvin., & Schumacher, Liliana. 2009. “The Determinants of Commercial Bank Profitability in Sub-Saharan Africa”. IMF Working Paper.
7) Ghozali, I. 2011. Multivariate Analysis Application With SPSS Program. Publisher of The University Of Dipenogoro Publishing Board. Semarang city.
8) Harmono, what's going on? 2009. Financial Management: Balanced Scored Based, Theory Approach, Case And Business Research. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
9) Indriasari, E.H. 2016. The Influence of CAR, NPL and LDR on Financial Performance in Banking Sector Companies Listed in IDX Year 2013-2015. Journal. Semarang city.
10) Ismail. 2013. Banking Management: Theory Towards Application. Jakarta: Kencana Prenadamedia Group.
11) Cashmere. 2010. Banking Management revised edition. Jakarta: PT Rajagrafindo Persada.
12) ______. 2012. Banking Basics RevisedEdition. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.
13) Kuncoro, M. and Suharjono. 2011. Banking Management Theory and Application. Second Edition. BPFE-Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta.
14) Bank Indonesia Regulation Nr.15/12/PBI/2013. Regarding the Minimum Capital Provision Obligation of Commercial Banks. Retrieved from www.bi.go.id on January 02, 2014.
15) Pratiwi, D.D. 2012. The influence of CAR, BOPO, NPF, and FDR on Return On Assets (ROA) of Sharia Commercial Banks. A journal. Diponegoro University. Semarang city.
16) Princess, C.C. 2015. The influence of NPL, LDR, CAR on the profitability of Commercial Banks Swatsa National Foreign Exchange. Journal of Management Science and Research. Volume 4. Surabaya, Indonesia.
17) Rivai, V., A.P. Veithzal, F.N. Idrues. 2007. Bank and Financial Institution Management Conventional and Sharia System. PT. Rajagrafindo Persada. Jakarta.
18) Setiawan, A. 2009. Analysis of the Influence of Macroeconomic Factors, Market Share, and Bank Characteristics on The Profitability of Sharia Banks. The thesis. University of Semarang Dipenogoro.
19) Septiani, Rita. and Putu Vivi Lestari 2016. The influence of NPL and LDR on Profitability with CAR as Mediation Variable at PT BPR Pasaraya Kuta. E-Journal of Management Unud. Vol 5. Bali.
20) Sugiyono, I'm sorry. 2013. Statistics For Research. Bandung: Alfa Beta.
21) Sumartiani, what's the end of the world? 2017. The influence of CAR, LDR, NPL, DER and Risk Management (PDN) on ROA on Banks Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange period 2011-2015. E-Jurnal Universitas Maritim Raja Ali Haji. Cape Pinang.
22) Bank Indonesia Circular Letter No. 15/7/DPNP dated 8 March 2013. Regarding the Opening of Commercial Bank Office Network based on Core Capital. Accessed from www.bi.go.id
23) Bank Indonesia Circular Letter No.13/24/DPNP dated 25 October 2011. Concerning The Assessment of Public Bank Health Level. Accessed from www.bi.go.id
24) Bank Indonesia Circular Letter No.13/30/DPNP dated December 16, 2011. Regarding the Quarterly and Monthly Financial Statements of Commercial Banks Submitted to Bank Indonesia. Retrieved from www.bi.go.id on February 23, 2014.
25) Bank Indonesia Circular Letter No.15 /41/DKMP dated 01 October 2013. Concerning The Calculation of Secondary Minimum Mandatory Giro and Minimum Mandatory Giro Based on Loan to Deposit Ratio in Rupiah. Accessed from www.bi.go.id
26) Sutrisno. 2012. Financial Management: Concept Theory And Application. Yogyakarta: EKONESIA.
27) Vernanda, S.D. and Endang Tri Widyarti 2016. Analysis of the Influence of CAR, LDR, NPL, BOPO, and Size on ROA (Study on Conventional Commercial Banks Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange period 2010-2015. Diponegoro Journal Of Management :1-13.
28) Wibowo, E.S. 2013. Analysis of the Influence of Interest Rates, Inflation, CAR, BOPO, NPF on the Profitability of Sharia Banks. Diponegoro Journal Of Management 2(2):1-10.