Factors Influencing Consumer Brand Choice Service Tailoring Shop in Thailand, Focusing on Ermenegildo Zegna, Brioni and Local Brand
1Sumas Wongsunopparat,2 Ohnmar Haelin Rai
1PhD, Johnson Graduate School of Management. Cornell University, United States of America MBA, Tepper School of Business,Camegie Mellon University, United States of America
2Master of Business Administration Bangkok University, Bangkok, Thailandhttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v5-i1-04
The study compares foreign and local brands, focusing on Ermenegildo Zegna, Brioni, and local brands, in order to uncover the elements that impact customers' brand choice decisions in Thailand. The study looked at the elements that influence a customer's decision to buy a custom-made suit, in order to figure out what the most important component is. Understanding how Marketing Mixed affects customer happiness and purchase decisions is especially important. The second goal is to investigate how brand equity affects sales, with a particular focus on customer brand preferences and market expansion.
The author chose the survey approach for this study, which is a quantitative research. Data was collected at random online through 346 legitimate questionnaires, and data was analyzed using cross tabulation and multinomial logistic regression. The study's findings show that all of the investigated factors, including product, price, location, promotion, brand equity, and customer purchase behavior determinants, have a positive impact on tailoring's customer brand choice decision in Thailand, with some specifications of each factor being found to be significant. Finally, when comparing these three brands, certain results are noteworthy.
Tailoring Brands, Customer Brand Choice Decision, 4Ps Marketing Mix, Brand Equity, Customer Purchase Behavior Determinants, Customer Lifestyle
1) Alison Matthews David ,14 May 2021 “ Tailoring” ;
2) ROBB REPORT STAFF; Jul 11, 2553 BE “Brioni Tailored Clothing” < https://robbreport.com/style/fashion/brioni-tailored-clothing-225651/>
3) Home Page of Ermenegildo Zegna
4) Suzanne Nam; 4 May 2021 “Tailor-Made: Custom Suits and Clothing in Bangkok”
5) Johan Alfredsson, Lina Augustsson” 2017.15.05– A FORECASTING MODEL OF THE MEN’S SUIT” Thesis for Master, 30 ECTS Textile Management “THE NEXT WAVE OF THE SUIT-ERA “https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1144629/FULLTEXT01.pdf “
6) Phyo Lai Yee Win; 2016 “ THE STUDY OF CONSUMER’S BRAND CHOICE DECISION FOR QUICK SERVICE RESTAURANT (QSR) IN YANGON, MYANMAR FOCUSING ON FAST FOOD BRANDS (KFC, PIZZA HUT & SEASONS) “
7) Gentleman’s café BLOG- 20 July 2018 “Difference between ready-to-wear, made-to-measure and bespoke men’s clothing”
8) Martin Skitmore &Hedley Smyth 13 Jun 2007 “Pricing construction work: a marketing viewpoint” Pages 619-630 | Received 27 Jul 2006, Accepted 13 Feb 2007, Published online:
9) Faruk Ahmeti 6, June 2015 “ Factors Affecting Marketing Strategies: Pricing, Channel Structure and Advertising Strategies” : International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management (IJECM), Vol. III, Issue
10) Meera Singh ; 6 (Sep,-Oct. 2012)” Marketing Mix of 4P’S for Competitive Advantage” IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSRJBM) ISSN: 2278-487X Volume 3, Issue, PP 40-45 www.iosrjournals.org
11) Youjae Yi and Hoseong Jeon2003” Effects of Loyalty Programs on Value Perception, Program Loyalty, and Brand Loyalty” First Published July 1, 2003 Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science; 31; 229
12) E Tabaku, M Zerellari –, 2015 “BRAND LOYALTY AND LOYALTY PROGRAMS; A LITERATURE REVIEW” Romanian Economic and Business Review – Vol. 10, No. 2- rebe.rau.ro
13) Oliver, Richard. 1999. “Whence customer loyalty?” Journal of Marketing, 63,: 33-44.
14) Dick, Alan. S. and Basu, Kunal. 1994. “Customer loyalty: toward an integrated conceptual framework”. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 22: 99–113.
15) Jose M.M. Bloemer- Hans D.P. Kasper “The complex relationship between consumer satisfaction and brand loyalty” Journal of Economic Psychology Volume 16, Issue 2, July 1995, Pages 311-329
16) Shirin, Artyom; Puth, Gustav. 2011-11-30 “Customer satisfaction, brand trust and variety seeking as determinants of brand loyalty”
17) Emine Sarigöllü 31 January 2014 “ How Brand Awareness Relates to Market Outcome, Brand Equity, and the Marketing Mix”
18) Hong-Youl Ha, Helen Perks, 02 December 200 ” Effects of consumer perceptions of brand experience on the web: brand familiarity, satisfaction and brand trust “ Academic Paper
19) William Baker, J. Wesley Hutchinson, Danny Moore, and Prakash Nedungadi (1986) ,"Brand Familiarity and Advertising: Effects on the Evoked Set and Brand Preference", in NA - Advances in Consumer Research Volume 13, eds. Richard J. Lutz, Provo, UT : Association for Consumer Research, Pages: 637-642.
20) CleopatraVeloutsou, LuizMoutinho - “Brand relationships through brand reputation and brand tribalism” Journal of Business Research Volume 62, Issue 3, March 2009, Pages 314-322
21) Cleopatra Veloutsou, Luiz Moutinho “Brand relationships through brand reputation and brand tribalism”
22) University of Glasgow, Department of Management, The Gilbert Scott Building, Glasgow, G12 8QQ, Scotland, United Kingdom
23) Pantea Foroudi “Influence of Brand Signature, Brand Awareness, Brand Attitude, Brand Reputation on Hotel Industry's Brand Performance” International Journal of Hospitality Management Volume 76, Part A, January 2019, Pages 271-285
24) Haoqiang Zhu- 2016 “FACTORS INFLUENCING CUSTOMER DOUGHNUT BRAND CHOICE DECISION IN THAILAND, FOCUSING ON MISTER DONUT, DUNKIN’ DONUTS AND KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS”
25) Mariya Kaufman -1989 “Managing brand equity” PH Farquhar - Marketing research, - academia.edu
26) Chieng Fayrene Y.L., Goi Chai Lee, “CUSTOMER-BASED BRAND EQUITY: A LITERATURE REVIEW” Researchers World, 2011 - researchgate.net
27) Leuthesser, L. (1988). Defining, measuring and managing brand equity: A Conference Summary. (pp. Pages 88-104). Cambridge: MA: Marketing Science Institute
28) Mr. Mukesh B. Ahirrao1 , Dr. D. S. Pati “Customer Based Brand Equity: A Review of Literature” - International Journal of Creative Research …, 2017 - researchgate.net
29) Paisit Klomkongthong - 2016 “A STUDY OF CONSUMER CHOICE DECISION IN SHOPPING AT COMMUNITY MALL AMONG K- VILLAGE, J-AVENUE AND RAIN HILL ON SUKHUMVIT ROAD,THAILAND”
30) Kippax, S., & Crawford, J. (1993). Flaws in the theory of reasoned action. The theory of reasoned action: Its application to AIDS-preventive behavior, 253-269.
31) Catarina Peneda de Oliveira , Bruno Miguel Sousa “Green Marketing as a Positive Driver Toward Business Sustainability” 2020 - igi-global.com
32) Engel, J. F., Blackwell, R. D., & Miniard, P. W. (1995). Consumer behavior (8th ed). New York: Dryden Press.
33) Levin, J., & Milgrom, P. (2004). Introduction to Choice Theory. Retrieved from http://web. stanford. edu/~ jdlevin/Econ, 20202