Determinants of Consumer Loyalty with the Servqual Model at Franchised Pharmacies in the City of Surabaya
1Soleh Hanafi Ihsan, 2Sri Setyo Iriani, 3Jun Surjanti
1,2,3Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesiahttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v5-i1-01
This study purposes to know the factors influencing loyalty of consumer at franchised pharmacies in the City of Surabaya passing through satisfaction variable of consumer as intervening variable. This research used quantitative method namely path analysis. Sampling technique was carried out according to accidental by taking respondents who happened to be at the research place. Collecting data in this study exerted was distributing questionnaires. The result of study showed that the dimension of service quality that are tangible, reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy which effected on consumer loyalty through the satisfaction of consumer as intervening variable to franchised pharmacies. To increase loyalty of consumer, the person in charge of the pharmacy should focus on improving tangible, reliable, assurance and empathy variables that proven to have an effect on loyalty of consumer at the company’s franchised pharmacies.
Consumer satisfaction, Consumer loyalty, Servqual model
1) H. M. Musa, C. Hayes, M. J. Bradley, A. Clayson, and G. Gillibrand, “Measures Aimed at Reducing Plastic Carrier Bag Use:
A Consumer Behaviour Focused Study,” Nat. Environ., vol. 1, no. 1, p. 17, 2013, doi: 10.12966/ne.06.02.2013.
2) S. J. Chan, “A Model Linking Store Attributes, Service Quality, Customer Experience and Business Performance: a Study Among Community Pharmacies,” vol. 10, no. March, pp. 321–342, 2015.
3) A. Puni, A. Okoe, and J. B. Damnyag, “A Gap Analysis of Customer Perceptions and Expectation of Service Quality amongst Mobile Telephony Companies in Ghana,” J. Manag. Strateg., vol. 5, no. 3, 2014, doi: 10.5430/jms.v5n3p60.
4) U. Ramanathan, N. Subramanian, and G. Parrott, “Role of social media in retail network operations and marketing to enhance customer satisfaction,” Int. J. Oper. Prod. Manag., vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 105–123, 2017, doi: 10.1108/IJOPM-032015- 0153.
5) S. Nyeck, R. Ladhari, M. Morales, and F. Pons, “10 Years of Service Quality Measurement: Reviewing the Use of the Servqual Instrument,” Esan - Cuad. Difusión, no. 1988, pp. 101–107, 2002.
6) M. V. Ngo and H. H. Nguyen, “The Relationship between Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty: An Investigation in Vietnamese Retail Banking Sector,” J. Compet., vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 103–116, 2016, doi: 10.7441/joc.2016.02.08.
7) J. Hamari, N. Hanner, and J. Koivisto, “Service quality explains why people use freemium services but not if they go premium: An empirical study in free-to-play games,” Int. J. Inf. Manage., vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1449–1459, 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2016.09.004.
8) E. Arıkan and S. Güner, “The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility, Service Quality and Customer-company Identification on Customers,” Procedia - Soc. Behav. Sci., vol. 99, pp. 304–313, 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.10.498.
9) E. E. Izogo and I. E. Ogba, “Service quality, customer satisfaction and loyalty in automobile repair services sector,” Int. J. Qual. Reliab. Manag., vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 250–269, 2015, doi: 10.1108/IJQRM-05-2013-0075.
10) M. Aga and O. V. Safakli, “An empirical investigation of service quality and customer satisfaction in professional accounting firms: Evidence from North Cyprus,” Probl. Perspect. Manag., vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 84–98, 2007.
11) R. W. Y. Yee, A. C. L. Yeung, and T. C. Edwin Cheng, “An empirical study of employee loyalty, service quality and firm performance in the service industry,” Int. J. Prod. Econ., vol. 124, no. 1, pp. 109–120, 2010, doi: 10.1016/j.ijpe.2009.10.015.
12) F. A. Rasheed and M. F. Abadi, “Impact of Service Quality, Trust and Perceived Value on Customer Loyalty in Malaysia Services Industries,” Procedia - Soc. Behav. Sci., vol. 164, no. August, pp. 298–304, 2014, doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.11.080.
13) C. T. Liu, Y. M. Guo, and C. H. Lee, “The effects of relationship quality and switching barriers on customer loyalty,” Int. J. Inf. Manage., vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 71–79, 2011, doi: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2010.05.008.
14) Y. Shi, C. Prentice, and W. He, “Linking service quality, customer satisfaction and loyalty in casinos, does membership matter?,” Int. J. Hosp. Manag., vol. 40, pp. 81–91, 2014, doi: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2014.03.013.
15) T. N. Quach, P. Thaichon, and C. Jebarajakirthy, “Internet service providers’ service quality and its effect on customer loyalty of different usage patterns,” J. Retail. Consum. Serv., vol. 29, pp. 104–113, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2015.11.012.