1Radina Linantis, 2Dwi Orbaningsih,3 Oyong Lisa
1,2,3Gajayana University Malanghttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i12-02
Firm value can affect the assessment or perception of investors towards the company, because the value of the company reflects the performance of a company. This study was conducted to examine the effect of tax avoidance on firm value, profitability on firm value, leverage on firm value, transparency can moderate tax avoidance on firm value, transparency can moderate profitability on firm value, and transparency can moderate leverage on firm value. The research population is manufacturing companies in the consumption industry sector listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) for the period 2016 to 2019. Sampling in this study was conducted using purposive sampling method. The analysis technique uses multiple linear regression models, moderation using Moderated Regression Analysis (MRA). The results of this study indicate that tax avoidance, profitability and leverage have a positive influence on firm value. Transparency can moderate tax avoidance and leverage on firm value. However, on the other hand, the research results show that transparency cannot moderate profitability to firm value.
Transparency, Tax Avoidance, Profitability, Leverage, Firm Value
1) Agnes Sawir. (2004). Financial Performance Analysis and Corporate Financial Planning. Jakarta : PT. Main Library
2) Ampriyanti, Ni Made and Ni Kt Lely Aryani M. 2016. The Effect of Long-Term Tax Avoidance on Firm Value With Executive Character As Moderating Variable. ISSN: 2302-8556. E-Journal of Accounting. Vol.16, No. 3. Udayana University Bali.
3) Angga, I.G.B. and Wiksuana, I.G.B. The Effect of Firm Size and Leverage on Firm Value with Profitability as a Mediation Variable. Accessed October 15, 2020, https://ojs.unud.ac.id/index.php/Management/article/view/17498/12324
4) Brealey, et. Al. 2007. Fundamentals of financial management. Jakarta: Erlangga Publisher
5) Brigham, Eugene F. and Joul F Houston. 2001. Financial Management. Jakarta : Erlangga
6) Calvin Swingly and I Made S. 2015. Influence of Executive Character, Audit Committee,
7) Company Size, Leverage, and Sales Growth in Tax Avoidance. Udayana University Accounting Journal.
8) Chen, Li Yue. (2004). Examining The Effect of Organization Culture and Leadership Behaviors on Organizational Commitment, Job Satisfaction, Job Performance at Small And Middle-Sized Firm Of Taiwan. Journal of the American Academy of Business. Sep 2004, 5, 1/2, 432-438.
9) Ernawati, Dewi and Dini Widyawati. 2015. "The Effect of Profitability, Leverage, and Firm Size on Firm Value". Journal of Science and Accounting Research. Vol. 04. No. 02. Surabaya.
10) Fadhilah, Rahmi. 2014. The Effect of Good Corporate Governance on Tax avoidance. Journal of the Faculty of Economics, Padang State University
11) Fadhilah, Rahmi. 2009. The Effect of Good Corporate Governance on Tax Avoidance. Padang: Faculty of Economics, State University of Padang.
12) Horne V. James and John M Wachowicz. 2005. Principles of Financial Management (Fundamentals of Financial Management). Edition 12. Translated by Dewi Fitriasari. Jakarta: Four Salemba.
13) Horne, James C. Van and John, M. Wachowicz, 1997, Principles of Financial Management, Ninth Edition. Salemba four: Jakarta.
14) Hutagaol, John. 2007. Taxation, Contemporary Issues. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
15) Ilmiani, A., and Sutrisno, C. R. (2014). Effect of Tax Avoidance on Value Companies With Corporate Transparency As Moderating Variables. Journal of Economics and Business, Vol. 14 (No. 1).
16) Indah, Putu and Abundanti, Nyoman. The Influence of Company Growth and Leverage on Profitability and Firm Value. Accessed October 15, 2020, https://ojs.unud.ac.id/index.php/Manajemen/article/view/ 7863/6500
17) Irfandi, Bayu and Sedana, Panji. The Effect of Profitability on Firm Value (Dividend Policy and Investment Opportunities as Mediation Variables). Accessed October 15, 2020, https://ojs.unud. ac.id/index.php/Management/article/view/15500/11207
18) Jogiyanto, 2007. Behavioral Information Systems. Revised Edition. Yogyakarta: Andi Offset cashmere. (2010). Financial Statement Analysis. Jakarta: PT. King Grafindo Persada.
19) Leonardus, I., Sinaga, B.M., and Sasongko, H. Effect of Profitability, Capital Structure, and Liquidity on Firm Value. Accessed October 15, 2020, https://jurnal.ipb.ac.id/index.php/jabm/article/view/17740
20) Meivinia, Lulu. Effect of Liquidity, Profitability, Capital Structure, and Interest Rates on Firm Value. Accessed October 15, 2020, https://journal.untar.ac.id/index.php/jmieb/article/view/1562/3125
21) Mudjono, Bambang. 2009. Module Series 3: Tax Planning. Mercu Buana University
22) Nadia, H and Taufiq, E. Effect of Tax Avoidance on Firm Value. Accessed October 15, 2020, https://jurnal.unived.ac.id/index.php /er/article/view/156/147
23) Ogolmagai, N. (2013). Leverage Effect on Firm valuein Manufacturing Industries that Go Public in Indonesia. EMBA Journal, Vol.1 No.3, 81-89
24) Rosidi, Dedi and Lisa, Erna. Effect of Leverage and Profitability on Firm Value (Study on Food and Beverage Manufacturing Sector Companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange). Retrieved October 15, 2020, http://jsma.stan-im.ac.id/unjukleverage -dan-profitability-terhadap-value-corporate-studi-pada-usaha-sector-manufaktur-food-and-beverage- that listed-on-indonesia-stock exchange/
25) Sandy, Syeldila and Lukviarman, Niki. (2015). The Effect of Corporate Governance on Tax Avoidance. Journal of Accounting and Auditing, Islamic University of Indonesia. Vol. 19 ISSN 1410-2420
26) Sarasati, N.W. and Lely, N.W.K. The Effect of Tax Avoidance on Firm Value with Debt Policy as a Moderating Variable. Accessed October 15, 2020, https://ojs.unud.ac.id/index.php/Accountancy/article/view/45803
27) Singapore, Arif. 2011. “The Impact of Financial Leverage to Profitability Study of Non-Financial Companies Listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange”. European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, (32), pp: 136-148.
28) Suad Husnan and Enny Pudjiastuti. (2012). Fundamentals of Financial Management, Sixth Edition. Yogyakarta: UPP STIM YPKN.
29) Tarihoran, A. (2016). The Effect of Tax Avoidance and Leverage on Value Companies with Corporate Transparency as Moderating Variables. Journal of Microskilled Economics Wira, 6(2), 149–164.
30) Tika, Pabundu, (2012), Organizational Culture and Corporate Performance Improvement, Earth Literacy, Jakarta.
31) Toto Prihadi. 2008. Quick Detection of Financial Conditions :7 Financial Ratio Analysis. Printing 1. Jakarta : PPM.