Tran Thi Minh Phuong
Faculty of Human Resource Management, University of Labor and Social Affairs, Vietnamhttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i10-25
This paper is conducted to investigate the influence levels of internal factors of the enterprise on the performance- based pay for employees in State-owned enterprises in Hanoi. Data were collected from getting 120 questionnaires from board of manager, head of Human Resources (HR) administration and HR administrative staff in State-owned enterprises in Hanoi. Based on the data collected, the author use descriptive statistics analysis, cronbach Alpha analysis and Indepentdent T-Test for knowing the influence levels of each independent variable on dependent variable of the performance-based pay for employees. The results show that five internal factors of the enterprise including: production and business characteristics of enterprises; business development strategy; employees; the company's salary payment perspective; and personnel in payroll department have relationships with the performance-based pay for employees. Based on the findings, some recommendations are given for improving wages of employees to ensure the sustainable development of enterprises.
internal factors, wages, employees, performance.
JEL codes: E64, P46, J31
1) Adams, J. S. (1963). Towards an understanding of inequity. The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 67(5), 422–
2) Hair, J.F., Joseph, F.Jr., Anderson, Rolph E., Tatham, Ronald L. and Black, Wiliam C. (1998). Multivariate data analysis, 5th edition, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ.
3) Hair, J. F., Anderson, R. E., Tatham, R. L., & Black, W. C. (2010). Multivariate Data Analysis. Prentice-Hall International.
4) Mercer (2005). 3P Compensation Management: Pay for Position, Person and Performance.
5) National Assembly. (2003). Law No. 14/2003/QH11 of the National Assembly: Law on State Enterprises
6) Singh, P., & Loncar, N. (2010). Pay Satisfaction, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intent. Relations industrielles / Industrial Relations, 65(3), 470-490
7) Tuoi, D. T. (2015). Method of payment according to the market mechanism in enterprises. Text book. Social Science Publishing House.
8) Trong, H., & Ngoc, C. N. M. (2008), Analysis of research data with SPSS, Hong Duc Publishing House. [Vietnamese]
9) Vroom, V. H. (1964). Work and motivation. Wiley