Nguyen Viet Hoang
The board of construction investment project management in Trieu Son district; and PhD candidate in Vietnam National University, Hanoihttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i10-11
The latest Vietnamese health system is being steadily renewed and strengthened in the direction of equality- efficiency-development and social security. Over past years, the health sector has been involved in investing in the construction of central-to-local medical examination and treatment facilities with state budget money, government bonds, ODA and other sources. The main purpose of this study is to empirically test the Public investment for health in Vietnam. The author collected secondary data from previous studies and the reports of Ministry of Health, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Ministry of Finance. The results of the research show that the public investment plan for the period 2016-2020 is focused on the ability to collect the state budget; State budget expenditure on health is not consistent every year, but tends to increase; the demand for investment in health in the period 2016-2020 is very large and is surely to increase in the future. Based on the findings, some conclusions are given.
Public investment, health, government investments, economics
JEL codes: P26, P48, H54, I18, R53
1) Government (2014). Government’s Resolution No. 93/NQ-CP dated 15/12/2014, on a number of mechanisms and policies
on medical development.
2) Government (2015). Government’s Decree No. 77/2015/NĐ – CP dated 10/9/2015, on annual and medium-term public investment plan;
3) Ministry of Health (2019). Health Statistics Yearbook 2016-2018.
4) Ministry of Finance (2019). Minister of Finance’s Decision No. 2634/QD-BTC, on publicize the state budget estimate for 2019.
5) Ministry of Finance (2020). Minister of Finance’s Decision No. 2680/QD-BTC, on publicize the state budget estimate for 2020.
6) Ministry of Planning and Investment (2021). Report on medium-term public investment plan for the period 2016 - 2020.
7) Ministry of Planning and Investment (2014). Document No. 5318/BKHDT-TH 15 August 2014 of the Ministry of Planning and Investment on 5-year public investment planning for the 2016-2020 period; guiding the formulation of the 5-year socio-economic development plan
8) National Assembly (2014). Law on public investment 2014;
9) National Assembly (2016). National Assembly’s Resolution No. 26/2016/QH14 dated 10/11/2016, on medium-term public investment plan of 2016 - 2020 period.