The Effect of Work Motivation, Work Discipline, And Work
Environment on Lecturer Performance with Lecturer's Job
Satisfaction as a Moderating Variable
1Zulkhairani, 2Yusuf Ronny Edward
1,2Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medan, Indonesiahttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i9-16
Lecturers are educators at universities who are specially appointed for the purpose of teaching. The main mission of higher education is to develop and establish knowledge through the experience of the three dharmas of higher education. This study aims to determine whether work motivation, work discipline, and work environment affect the performance of lecturers with job satisfaction as a moderating variable at the Faculty of Economics, Prima Indonesia University. The data collection method in this study used a questionnaire. This sampling technique data collection using simple random sampling a total sample of 105 from a total population of 143 permanent lecturers at the Faculty of Economics at the University..The results obtained in this study show 1) there is a significant effect between work motivation variables on lecturer performance, 2) there is a significant influence between work discipline variables on lecturer performance, 3) there is no significant effect between work environment variables and lecturer performance, 4) lecturer satisfaction variable is not a moderating variable that can weaken work environment, strengthen work discipline, and work motivation.
Motivation, Discipline, Environment, Satisfaction, Performance
1) Sugiyono. 2011. Qualitative research methods and R & D. Bandung: Alphabeta.
2) Anwar King Mangkunegara. 2014. Company Human Resources Management. PT. Rosdakarya Youth, Bandung.
3) Edison, Anwar, Komariyah. 2016. Human Resource Management First Edition. Alphabeta – Bandung.
4) Gibson, James, L., 2000, Organization, Behavior, Structure and Process, 5th Edition. 3rd printing. Jakarta: Erlangga Publisher.
5) Malay Hasibuan, SP. 2001. Human Resource Management. Jakarta: PT. Earth Literature.
6) Handoko, T. Hani. 1999. Personnel Management and Human Resources. Yogyakarta : Liberty.
7) Robbins & Judges. 2015. Organizational Behavior Edition 16. Jakarta. Salemba Four.
8) Mangkunegara. 2011.Company Resource Management. PT. Youth Rosdakarya. Bandung.
9) A.A Anwar Prabu Mangkunegara (2012). Human Resource Management. Bandung: PT. Rosdakarya Youth.
10) Hasibuan, M (2012). Human Resource Management and the Key to Success. Jakarta: Haji Mas Agung.
11) Wibowo (2012). Work management. Jakarta: the king of Grafindo Persada.
12) Sedarmayanti.2009. Human Resource Management, Bureaucratic Reform and Civil Servant Management.PT. Bandung : Refika Aditama.
13) Alex, Nitisemito. 1996. Personnel Management (Human Resource Management). Kudus: Ghalia Indonesia..