The Effect of Job Transfer on Employee Performance With Motivation and Job Satisfaction as Intervening Variables
1Muslichah Muslichah,2 Achmadi Achmadi
1,2STIE Malangkucecwara Malang Indonesiahttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i9-12
This study aims to provide empirical evidence of the effect of job transfer on employee performance with motivation and job satisfaction as mediating variables. The research population was 52, all of whom were tax inspectors at KPP Madya Malang Indonesia. All members of the population are used as samples. A total of 52 questionnaires were distributed to tax inspectors, and 36 questionnaires were returned, resulting in a response rate of 69.23%. The data analysis method used is path analysis. The results showed that job transfer did not affect employee performance. Furthermore, it was also found that motivation did not mediate the effect of job transfer on employee performance. Finally, this study found that job satisfaction mediates the impact of job transfer on employee performance.
Job Transfer, Motivation, Job Satisfaction, And Employee Performance
1) Ajusa, M. R. K., & Atambo, W. N. (2016). Influence of job rotation on organizational productivity: a case of mount Kenya
2) Akbari, Asieh & Reza Maniei. 2017. The Effect of Job Rotation on employee performance (Case Study of Dana Insurance). Research Journal of Management Reviews. Vol., 3 (1), 21-26
3) Al-Romeedy, Bassam Samir. 2019. The Role Of Job Rotation In Enhancing Employee Performance In The Egyptian Travel Agents: The Mediating Role Of Organizational Behavior. Tourism Review. Vol. 74 No. 4, Hal. 1003-1020
4) Anitha, J. (2014). Determinants of employee engagement and their impact on employee performance. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 63(3), 308–323
5) B. Ravikumar, Kokila Mohan, Vedantam Seetha Ram. 2020. The Influence of Job Rotation Practices on Employee Performance, Mediation Effect of Human Factor and Motivation. International Journal of Management and Humanities (IJMH). ISSN: 2394 – 0913, Vol 4 Iss 6.
6) Chen, C. F., & Kao, Y. L. (2014). Investigating the moderating effects of service climate on personality, motivation, social support, and performance among flight attendants. Tourism Management, 44, 58-66.
7) Dhanraj, D. and Parumasur, S. 2014. Perceptions of The Impact Of Job Rotation On Employees, Productivity, The Organization And On Job Security, Corporate Ownership & Control, Vol. 11 No. 4, pp. 682-691.
8) Hampongo, Moscane & David Foya. 2020. Evaluating the Effect of Job Rotation on Employee Retention and Satisfaction: a Case Study of Zambia Telecommunications Company Limited (Zamtel) Finance Department. The International Journal of Business Management and Technology, Volume 4 Issue 4
9) Jocom, J., Lambey, L., & Pandowo, M. (2017). The effect of job rotation and training on employee performance in PT. Pegadaian (Persero) Manado. Jurnal EMBA: Jurnal Riset Ekonomi, Manajemen, Bisnis dan Akuntansi, 5(2).
10) Kampkötter, P., Harbring, C., & Sliwka, D. (2018). Job rotation and employee performance–evidence from a longitudinal study in the financial services industry. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 29(10), 1709-1735.
11) Mohan, K. and Gomathi, S. 2015. The Effects Of Job Rotation Practices On Employee Development: An Empirical Study On Nurses In The Hospitals Of Vellore District, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 6 No. 1, 209-215.
12) Muazza & Bonar Syarifuddin H. 2017. Does Job Rotation And Job Satisfaction Affect The Performance?. Journal of Business Studies and Management Review Vol.1 No.1
13) O Oparanma, Austin & Lawrence I. Awake. 2015. Impact of Job Rotation on Organizational Performance. British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade 7(3): 183-187.
14) Origo, F.; Pagani, L. 2008. Workplace Flexibility and Job Satisfaction: Some Evidence From Europe. // International Journal of Manpower, 29, 1, pp. 42-48.
15) Ravikumar, B., Mohan, K., & Ram, V. S. The Influence of Job Rotation Practices on Employee Performance, Mediation Effect of Human Factor and Motivation.
16) Rashki, Zahra., Abdolmajid Hasanqasemi & Alireza Mazid. 2104. The Study Of Job Rotation And Staff Performance In Customs Organization Of Golestan And Mazandaran Provinces. Kuwait Chapter of Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review Vol. 3, No.7
17) Rinaldi, U., Sani, & Martono. (2018). Mutation and Promotion System and Its Relation to Employee Satisfaction and Job Performance of West Kalimantan Immigration Office. Journal of Applied Management, 16
18) Rivai, V. 2006. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia untuk Perusahaan: Dari Teori ke Praktik. Jakarta: Raja Grafindo.
19) Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. 2013. Organizational Behavior (15th ed.). New Jersey: Pearson Education.
20) Salih, Mohammed Omer Idris, Al.Bersani Al.Nabulsi Yousif Al.Ibid. 2017. Job Rotation & Its Impact on employees' Performance: An Empirical Study among Employees at Red Sea University, Sudan. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management (IJSRM). Vol 5. Issue 07 (6181-6184)
21) Saravanan, M., Faseela, P. and Babu, C. 2017, The effects Of Job Rotation Strategy On The Performance Of Employees In The Banking Sector With Special Reference To Nilambur Taluk In Malappuram District, Kerala, International Journal of Advance Research and Innovative Ideas in Education, Vol. 3 No. 2, 2328-2332.
22) Saravani, Shahin Rasouli & Badri Abbasi. 2013. Investigating The Influence of Job Rotation On Performance By Considering Skill Variation and Job Satisfaction Of Bank Employees. Technical vjesnik 20, 3, 473-478
23) Tumipa, Vanessa & Farlane S. Rumokoy. 2018. He Role Of Job Rotation Practices Towards Employee Performance In Kantor Pelayanan Kekayaan Negara Dan Lelang (KPKNL). Jurnal EMBA. Vol.6 No.2 (898 – 907)
24) Van Wyk, A. E., Swarts, I., & Mukonza, C. (2018). The influence of the implementation of job rotation on employees’ perceived job satisfaction. International Journal of Business and Management, 13(11), 89-101.
25) Zanti, G. M. (2015). The Utilization Of Job Rotation To Increase Motivation In The Print Production Industry (Doctoral dissertation, Thesis for master, The School Of Technology University Of Central Missouri).