Effect Of Independence, Integrity And Accountability Auditors On Audit Quality With Ethics Of Auditor As Moderating Variable (Study At Public Accountants Office In Medan)
1Melisa,2 Galumbang Hutagalung, 3 Enda Noviyanti Simorangkir
1,2,3Universitas Prima Indonesiahttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i8-17
The purpose of this research to test and analyze the influence of auditor independence, integrity and accountability on audit quality moderated by ethics. This research approach is quantitative with associative research type. This research was conducted using a survey method by distributing questionnaires to auditors who work at the Public Accounting Firm in Medan. Sampling using purposive sampling, with a total sample of 90 respondents. The data were analyzed using the partial least squares structural equation model (SEM-PLS). The results of this study indicate that auditor independence has a significant and positive effect on audit quality. Auditor integrity has no effect on audit quality, and auditor accountability has a significant and positive effect on audit quality. In addition, this study also found that ethics did not moderate the influence of auditor independence on audit quality, ethics did not moderate the effect of auditor integrity on audit quality and ethics did not moderate the effect of accountability on audit quality. For this reason, auditors are expected to continue to improve their independence, integrity, accountability and ethics in order to improve audit quality, by continuing to carry out technical training that is sufficient to cover technical aspects as well as general education. The novelty of this research is that the researcher uses the majority of auditors to be in the category of young adults, which can be one of the factors causing the integrity variable to not affect audit quality.
independence, integrity, accountability, ethics, audit quality
1) A.A. Anwar Prabu, Mangkunegara. 2011. Company Human Resources Management. Bandung: PT. Rosdakarya Youth.
2) A. A. I. Tirtamas. 2018. The Influence of Competence, Accountability and Independence on Audit Quality with Auditor Ethics as Moderating Variable. Udayana University Accounting E-Journal. Vol.23.1. April (2018): 31-59
3) Agoes, Sukrisno. 2004. Auditing (Accountant Examination) by Public Accounting Firm Volume 2 -3/E. Jakarta: LPFE UI.
4) Alvin A. Arens, Mark S. Beasley and Randal J. Elder, 2014 Auditing and Assurance Services: An Integrated Approach
5) Annisa Rahmatika Salim. 2011. Effect of Work Experience, Independence, and Integrity on Audit Quality. Riau University. Thesis
6) Arisinta, Octaviana. 2013. Effect of Competence, Independence, Time Budget Pressure, and Audit Fee on Audit Quality at Public Accounting Firms in Surabaya. Journal of Economics and Business Year XXIII, No. December 3, 2013: 266 – 278.
7) Atiqoh, Nur and Akhmad Riduwan. 2016. Effect of Due Professional Care, Auditor Motivation, Time Budget Pressure on Audit Quality. Journal of Accounting Science and Research. ISSN: 2460-0585. Volume 5, Numbers 2.1-16.
8) Christiawan, Yulius Jogi. 2002. Competence and Independence of Public Accountants: Reflection on Empirical Research Results. Journal of Accounting and Finance. Vol. 4. No. 2. pp.79-92.
9) Effendi, Usman. 2014. Management Principles. Jakarta: Rajawali Pers. Fajri, Nisa Nafisa. 2014. The Influence of Auditor Experience and Auditor Independence on Decisions for Giving Audit Opinions (Survers at Public Accounting Firms). Thesis. Bandung: Widyatama University
10) Gammal, W, E. 2012. “Peterminants of Audit Fees: Evidence Form Lebanon”. Journal of International Business Research Vol.05, No.II. pp. 136-143
11) Ghufron, M.N & Risnawita, R.S. (2010). Psychological Theories. Yogyakarta: ArRuzz.
12) Ghozali, Imam. 2016. Application of Multivariate Analysis With SPSS Program 23. Semarang: Diponegoro University Publishing Agency
13) Hanjani, Andreani & Rahardja. 2014. The Effect of Auditor Ethics, Auditor Experience, Audit Fees, and Auditor Motivation on Audit Quality (Study on Auditor Kap in Semarang). Semarang. Diponegoro Journal of accounting. Vol.3, No.2 Pg. 1-9
14) Hanjani, Andreani. 2014. The Effect of Auditor Ethics, Auditor Experience, Audit Fees, and Auditor Motivation on Audit Quality (Study on KAP Auditors in Semarang). Thesis. Semarang: Diponegoro University
15) Hidayanti, Santi. 2017. Effect of Workload and Audit Fee on Audit Quality (Study on Auditors at KAP Bandung). Thesis. Bandung: Pasundan University
16) I Made Putra Partha Nadi and I Dewa Gde Dharma Suputra. 2017. The Effect of Auditor Competence, Experience, Independence, and Motivation on Auditor Quality. Udayana University Accounting E-Journal. Vol 18.2
17) Imansari, Fitrika Putri. 2016. The Effect of Auditor Competence, Independence, Experience, and Ethics on Audit Quality (Empirical Study on Auditors of Public Accounting Firms in Malang). Accounting Student Research Journal (JRMA). Vol: xx
18) Junaidi, Nurdiono. 2016.Quality Audit Perspective of Going Concern Opinion.Yogyakarta: CV. Andi Offset
19) Kurnia, Khomsiyah and Sofie, 2014, Effect of Competence, Independence, Time Pressure and Auditor Ethics on Audit Quality. Journal of Accounting, Faculty of Economics, Trisakti University, Vol. 1 No. 2.
20) Malay, Hasibuan. 2013. Human Resource Management. Jakarta: PT. Earth Literature
21) M. Taufik Hidayat. 2011. The Effect of Auditor Accountability Factors and Auditor Professionalism on Auditor Quality. Thesis
22) Mathius, Tandiontong. 2016. Audit Quality and Its Measurement. Bandung: Alphabeta
23) Mubarok, Abdullah. et al. 2017. Quality of Financial Reporting: Theoretical and Empirical Studies. Jakarta: PT. Balebat Dedication Prima
24) Mulyadi. 2002. Auditing Edition 6. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.
25) Messier, William F. Jr. and Steven M. Glover and Douglas F. Prawitt, 2005. Auditing & Assurance Service A Systematic Approach, Book II, Edition 4, Translator Nuri Hinduan, Salemba Empat, Jakarta.
26) Ni Made Widia Iswara Dewi & I Putu Sudana. 2018. Effect of Experience, Due Professional Care and Auditor Accountability on Audit Quality. Vol.22.1. January (2018): 438-463.
27) Puspaningsih Abriyani, 2004. Factors Influencing Job Satisfaction and Performance of Manufacturing Company Managers. JAAI.
28) Rahayu, Siti Kurnia, and Ely Suhayati. 2013. Auditing (Basic Concepts and Guidelines for Examination of Public Accountants). Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
29) Samsudin, Sadili. 2010. Human Resource Management. Bandung: Faithful Library
30) Saripudin, et al. 2012. Effect of Independence, Experience, Due Professional Care, and Accountability on Audit Quality (Survey of KAP Auditors in Jambi and Palembang). Journal of Accounting Vol.1. Number 1. Matter. 7-12.
31) Sinaga, David. 2012. Analysis of the Effect of Audit Tenure, KAP Size and Client Firm Size on Audit Quality. Thesis. Semarang: Diponegoro University
32) Sugiyono. 2016. Quantitative, Qualitative, and R&D Research Methods. Bandung: CV. Alphabet
33) Sutrisno, Edy. 2016. Human Resource Management. Bandung: Kencana
34) Sukrisno, Agoes. 2012. Auditing (Practical Guidelines for Examination of Accountants by Public Accountants). Fourth Edition. Salemba Four: Jakarta.
35) Umam, Khaerul. 2012. Organizational Behavior. Bandung: CV. Faithful Library
36) Wibowo. 2016. Performance Management. Jakarta: Rajawali Pers.
37) Yusuf, Arif. 2017. Understanding of Human Resource Management. Surakarta: Prenadamedia Group
38) Zuhrawati. 2009. Guidelines and Tips for Success in becoming an ISO 9001 Auditor (Quality Management System). Jakarta: PT. Our Book