1Vira Anisya, 2 Achmad Sani Supriyanto,3Vivin Maharani Ekowati
1,2,3Departement of Management, Faculty of Economics, State Islamic University Of Maulana Malik Ibrahim, Malang, Indonesiahttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i7-16
This study aims to determine the effect of motivation on employee performance through organizational culture variables at the Pasuruan City Civil Service Police Unit. This research is an explanatory research (explanatory research) which aims to test the proposed hypothesis about the effect of motivation on employee performance and organizational culture. This study uses quantitative data analysis with path analysis and classical assumption test using non-probability sampling technique, namely saturated sampling (census). The population and sample in this study were all employees at the Pasuruan City Civil Service Police Unit with a total of 104 employees. From the results of this study indicate that (1) motivation has a direct and significant effect on employee performance, (2) motivation has a direct and significant effect on organizational culture, (3) organizational culture has a direct effect on employee performance, and (4) organizational culture can mediate indirectly between motivation and employee performance.
Motivation, Employee Performance, Organizational Culture
1) Aditya P. Y & Nugraheni Rini. (2014). The Effect of Motivation on Employee Performance with Organizational Culture as
a Moderating Variable (Study at PT. Randugarut Plastic Indonesia). Journal of Management & Organization Studies, 11
(2014) December 153 – 164.
2) Astutik, Mardi. (2016). The Influence of Work Discipline and Organizational Culture on the Performance of Secretariat Employees of the Jombang Regency Regional People's Representative Council. Journal of Business, Management & Banking. Vol. 2. No. 2 2016: 121-140.
3) Dharma, Julius. (2016). The Effect of Work Motivation on the Employee Performance with Organization Citizenship Behavior as Intervening Variable at Bank Aceh Syariah. Emerald Reach Proceedings Series. Vol. 1. pp. 7-12.
4) Diana Ilfi Nur, Achmad Sani Supriyanto, Vivin Maharani Ekowati, Arga Hendra Ertanto, 2021; Factor Influencing Employee Performance: The Role of Organizational Culture; Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, Vol 8 No 2 Pp. 0545–0553
5) Djafri Novianty. (2015). The Effect of Leadership Style, Empathy and Motivation on Organizational Culture (Case Study Against Principals of Gorontalo City Elementary Schools). Journal of Management, Volume XIX, No. 01, February 2015: 59-73.
6) Efendy Mochamad R. R, Herlambang T, & Rozaid Y. (2018). The Influence of Motivation and Commitment to Organizational Culture and Employee Performance at the Jember Regency Population and Civil Registration Office. JSMBI (Indonesian Journal of Management and Business Science), e-ISSN:2541-2566, p-ISSN:2088-916X,Vol. 8 No. June 1 2018, p. 32-46.
7) Gibson, James, L. (1997). Organization and Management. Jakarta: Erlangga.
8) Hidayah, Retno, Ulfayatun and Nazaruddin, Letje. (2017). The Effect Leadership Style, Work Motivation, Organizational Culture and Job Discipline on Employees Performance.
9) Mangkunegara, Anwar, Prabu. (2015). Company Human Resources Management. Bandung: PT Pemuda Rosdakarya.
10) Martoyo Susilo. (1996). Human Resource Management, Edition 4. Yogyakarta: BPFE.
11) Mathis and Jackson. (2002). Human Resource Management, Translation. Jakarta: Four Salemba.
12) Moeheriono. (2012). Competency Based Performance Measurement Revised Edition. Jakarta: PT. King Grafindo Persada.
13) Murti, Hary and Veronika Agustini Srimulyani. (2013). The Effect of Motivation on Employee Performance with Mediating Variables of Job Satisfaction at PDAM Madiun City. Journal of Management Research and Accounting Vol. 1. No. 1.
14) Nadhiroh Umi. (2019). The Effect of Motivation and Job Satisfaction on Employee Performance with Organizational Culture as Moderating Variable at Koperta Langgeng Mulyo Ngancar Kediri. Ejournal, Vol 3, No 1.
15) Nurma Firstania Rizki Annisa; Achmad Sani Supriyanto (2021); The Influence of Leadership Style and Work Motivation on Employee Performance Through Job Satisfaction (Case Study on The Department of Transportation of Blitar City; THE American Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Research (THE AJHSSR); Volume-04, Issue-03, pp-355-362
16) SembiringHendri. (2020). The Effect of Motivation and Work Environment on Employee Performance at Bank Sinarmas Medan. Journal of Accounting and Management. P-ISSN: 2086-681X, O-ISSN:2654-8216, Vol.13, No. 1, January 2020.
17) Sugiyono. (2001). Research Methods. Bandung: Alphabeta.
18) Supriyanto, Achmad Sani and Maharani Vivin. (2013). Metodologi Penelitian Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, UIN. Maliki Press, Malang
19) Susanty Aries and Baskoro Sigit Wahyu. (2012). The Effect of Work Motivation and Leadership Style on Work Discipline and Its Impact on Employee Performance (Case Study at PT. PLN (Persero) APD Semarang). J@TI Undip, Vol VII, No 2, May 2012.
20) Sutrisno, Edy. (2009). Human Resource Management. Jakarta: Kencana Prenada Media Group.
21) Sutrisno, E. (2010). Organizational Culture. Jakarta: Kencana Prenadamedia Group.
22) Tobari, H. (2015). Building Organizational Culture in Government Agencies. Yogyakarta: Depublish.
23) Yusuf, Burhanuddin. (2015). Human Resource Management of Islamic Financial Institutions. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.