Moderating and Mediating Role of Trust on Relationship between Servqual andSatisfaction in Delivery Service
1Sudirman Zaid, 2Alida Palilati,3 Rahmat Madjid, 4Juharsah,5Nursaban Rommy Suleman
1,2,3,4,5 Faculty of Economics and Business, Halu Oleo University, Kendari, Indonesiahttps://doi.org/10.47191/jefms/v4-i6-20
This study aims to examine the trust as a moderating and mediating variable on the effect of servqual on customer satisfaction. The data in this study were collected from students of the Faculty of Economics, Halu Oleo University, Kendari City, Indonesia, totaling 127 as respondents who used delivery services to three providers, namely; Grab, Maxim, and Kukurio. The sampling technique used is purposive sampling. Data was collected using a research instrument with google form via Whatsapp. The collected data was then analyzed using Partial Least Squared (PLS) to test the research models developed in this study. The results of the study provide information that servqual has a significant effect on trust, servqual has a significant effect on customer satisfaction, and trust also has a significant effect on customer satisfaction. The test results also show that trust can strengthen the effect of servqual on customer satisfaction, and trust can also mediate the indirect effect of servqual on customer satisfaction.
Servqual, Trust, Satisfaction, Delivery Service
JEL Classification : M31
1) Anggraini, N. P. N., Jodi, I. W. G. A. S., & Putra, D. P. (2020, October). The Influence of Experiential Marketing and E-Service
Quality on E-Satisfaction and Repurchase Intention. In Journal of International Conference Proceedings (Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.
2) Artawan, I. G. P., Widnyana, I. W., & Kusuma, I. G. A. T. (2020). The Effect of Service Quality to Build Taxpayer Trust and Satisfaction on Increasing Taxpayer Compliance in Gianyar Regency. International Journal of Contemporary Research and Review, 11(09), 21868-21883. 10.15520/ijcrr.v11i09.842
3) Bressolles, G., Durrieu, F., & Senecal, S. (2014). A consumer typology based on e-service quality and e-satisfaction. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 21(6), 889-896. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2014.07.004
4) de Kervenoael, R., Schwob, A., & Chandra, C. (2020). E-retailers and the engagement of delivery workers in urban last mile delivery for sustainable logistics value creation: Leveraging legitimate concerns under time-based marketing promise. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 54, 102016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2019.102016
5) Demir, A., Maroof, L., Khan, N. U. S., & Ali, B. J. (2020). The role of E-service quality in shaping online meeting platforms: a case study from higher education sector. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JARHE-08-2020-0253
6) Ejdys, J., & Gulc, A. (2020). Trust in courier services and its antecedents as a determinant of perceived service quality and future intention to use courier service. Sustainability, 12(21), 9088. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12219088
7) Fadly, H. D., & Sutama, S. (2020). Membangun Pemasaran Online dan Digital Branding Ditengah Pandemi Covid-19. Jurnal Ecoment Global: Kajian Bisnis dan Manajemen, 5(2), 213-222. http://dx.doi.org/10.35908/jeg.v5i2.1042
8) Giovanis, A. N., & Athanasopoulou, P. (2014). Gaining customer loyalty in the e-tailing marketplace: the role of e-service quality, e-satisfaction and e-trust. International Journal of Technology Marketing 6, 9(3), 288-304. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJTMKT.2014.063857
9) Handoko, L. P. (2016). The Effect of Product Quality and Delivery Service on Online-customer Satisfaction in Zalora Indonesia. Jurnal EMBA: Jurnal Riset Ekonomi, Manajemen, Bisnis dan Akuntansi, 4(1). https://doi.org/10.35794/emba.v4i1.11876
10) Hult, G. T. M., Sharma, P. N., Morgeson III, F. V., & Zhang, Y. (2019). Antecedents and consequences of customer satisfaction: do they differ across online and offline purchases?. Journal of Retailing, 95(1), 10-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2018.10.003
11) Iglesias, O., Markovic, S., Bagherzadeh, M., & Singh, J. J. (2020). Co-creation: A key link between corporate social responsibility, customer trust, and customer loyalty. Journal of Business Ethics, 163(1), 151-166. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-018-4015-y
12) Jameel, A. S., Hamdi, S. S., Karem, M. A., & Raewf, M. B. (2021, February). E-Satisfaction based on E-service Quality among university students. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1804, No. 1, p. 012039). IOP Publishing. https://doi:10.1088/1742-6596/1804/1/012039
13) Kaya, B., Behravesh, E., Abubakar, A. M., Kaya, O. S., & Orús, C. (2019). The moderating role of website familiarity in the relationships between e-service quality, e-satisfaction and e-loyalty. Journal of Internet Commerce, 18(4), 369-394. https://doi.org/10.1080/15332861.2019.1668658
14) Li, M. W., Teng, H. Y., & Chen, C. Y. (2020). Unlocking the customer engagement-brand loyalty relationship in tourism social media: The roles of brand attachment and customer trust. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 44, 184-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhtm.2020.06.015
15) LUBIS, R., & ATIN, S. (2020). E-service quality of hospital to measure patient satisfaction. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (JESTEC), 1, 21-27.
16) Mahadin, B., Akroush, M. N., & Bata, H. (2020). The effects of tourism websites' attributes on e-satisfaction and e-loyalty: a case of American travellers' to Jordan. International Journal of Web Based Communities, 16(1), 4-33. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJWBC.2020.105124
17) Mumtaha, H. A., & Khoiri, H. A. (2019). Analisis Dampak Perkembangan Revolusi Industri 4.0 dan Society 5.0 Pada Perilaku Masyarakat Ekonomi (E-Commerce). Jurnal Pilar Teknologi: Jurnal Ilmiah Ilmu Ilmu Teknik, 4(2). https://doi.org/10.33319/piltek.v4i2.39
18) Mohammed, S. S., & Shahin, O. (2020). Service quality perspectives in telecommunication sector: Trust and loyalty investigation. Amazonia Investiga, 9(28), 394-403.
19) Nurdani, Y., & Sandhyaduhita, P. I. (2016, October). Impact of express delivery service quality towards repurchase intention by B2C and C2C: A case of Indonesia. In 2016 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Information Systems (ICACSIS) (pp. 221-227). IEEE. 10.1109/ICACSIS.2016.7872779
20) Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. (1988). SERVQUAL: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality. 1988, 64(1), 12-40.
21) Purnamasari, D. (2018, October). The Roles of E-Service Quality, E-Trust, and E-Satisfaction on Online Retail Loyalty. In Prosiding Industrial Research Workshop and National Seminar (Vol. 9, pp. 633-641).
22) Purwanto, A., Zuiderwijk, A., & Janssen, M. (2020, June). Citizens’ Trust in Open Government Data: A Quantitative Study about the Effects of Data Quality, System Quality and Service Quality. In The 21st Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (pp. 310-318). https://doi.org/10.1145/3396956.3396958
23) Rahman, M. S., Hossain, M. A., Zaman, M. H., & Mannan, M. (2020). E-Service Quality and Trust on Customer's Patronage Intention: Moderation Effect of Adoption of Advanced Technologies. Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), 28(1), 39-55. https://doi.org/10.4018/JGIM.2020010103
24) Ramanathan, U., Williams, N. L., Zhang, M., Sa-nguanjin, P., Garza-Reyes, J. A., & Borges, L. A. (2020). A new perspective of E-trust in the era of social media: Insights from customer satisfaction data. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. 10.1109/TEM.2020.2985379
25) Santika, I. W., Pramudana, K. A., & Astitiani, N. L. (2020). The Role of E-Satisfaction in Mediating the Effect of E-Service Quality and E-WOM on E-loyalty on Online Marketplace Customers in Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia. Manag Econ Res J, 6(1), 11907. https://doi.org/10.18639/MERJ.2020.961742
26) Sarjun, A., & Mawarni, A. (2019). Pengembangan Intervensi Konseling Naratif Berbasis Digital dalam Menjawab Tantangan era revolusi Industri 4.0. Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling, 3(3), 211-216. https://doi.org/10.30653/001.201933.100
27) Setiawan, E., Wati, S., Wardana, A., & Ikhsan, R. (2020). Building trust through customer satisfaction in the airline industry in Indonesia: Service quality and price fairness contribution. Management Science Letters, 10(5), 1095-1102. 10.5267/j.msl.2019.10.033
28) SEVİM, N. (2018). The Effect of E-service Quality, E-trust and E-satisfaction on Formation Online Customer Loyalty. Business & Management Studies: An International Journal, 6(1), 107. https://doi.org/10.15295/bmij.v6i1.215
29) Singh, S., & Jasial, S. S. (2020). Moderating effect of perceived trust on service quality–student satisfaction relationship: evidence from Indian higher management education institutions. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, 1-25. https://doi.org/10.1080/08841241.2020.1825029
30) Sitorus, T., & Yustisia, M. (2018). THE INFLUENCE OF SERVICE QUALITY AND CUSTOMER TRUST TOWARD CUSTOMER LOYALTY: THE ROLE OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. International Journal for Quality Research, 12(3). https://doi.org/10.18421/IJQR12.03-06
31) Sleimi, M. T., Karam, A. A., & Qubbaj, I. S. (2018). The Impact of E-Banking Services Quality on Customers Satisfaction Moderated by Customer Trust: Survey on Arab Bank in Amman, Jordan. Journal of Al-Quds Open University for Administrative & Economic Research, 3(9), 25-36. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1405450
32) Suariedewi, I. G. A. A. M., & Suprapti, N. W. S. (2020). Effect of Mobile Service Quality to E-Trust to Develop E-Satisfaction and E-Loyalty Mobile Banking Services. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 7(1), 185- 196. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v7n1.836
33) Tech, J. E. T. (2020). The influence of online food delivery service quality on customer satisfaction and customer loyalty: the role of personal innovativeness. Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques, 8(1), 6-12. http://www.jett.dormaj.com
34) Veloso, C. M., Magueta, D., Sousa, B. B., & Carvalho, J. L. (2020). Meassevuring E-service quality, satisfaction and loyalty of customer in the online channel of the modern retail. IBIMA Business Review, 2020, 1-15.
35) Ziaullah, M., Feng, Y., & Akhter, S. N. (2014). E-Loyalty: The influence of product quality and delivery services on e-trust and e-satisfaction in China. International Journal of Advancements in Research & Technology, 3(10), 20-31